Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DGET Function - using a split criteria range? (Excel 2007)

When using the DGET formula is it possible to use a split range as the
criteria?

Specifically, can I have the column labels and lookup values separated in
the criteria range? For example, have the criteria range composed of labels
(A15:C15) and values lower down on the page (A20:C20).

I'm trying to use the function to compare a list of possible conditions
(database range) with a time series of operating conditions and return either
a "go" or "no go" (included with the database of possible condition) for each
step in the time series. I've been trying to use the operating conditions at
a single step of the time series as the criteria range. This works for the
first step when labels are immediately above the data, but doesn't work
beyond that unless I copy the labels to appear between each time step.. I'm
sure there must be a better solution!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mike