mel

Default Split cell values based on content

Hi, we have some cells which contain numbers and words eg. house number and
street name. We need to split the cell so that the numbers are in one column
and the street names are in another column. Is this possible? Thanks

LanceB

Asuming 123 main st in column a1

in b1
=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)
in c1
=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1))

"mel" wrote:

Hi, we have some cells which contain numbers and words eg. house number and
street name. We need to split the cell so that the numbers are in one column
and the street names are in another column. Is this possible? Thanks

mel

Hi Lance, thanks for that. it seems to do the job. Only problem is I've got a
list of hundreds of rows. Can I set the formula for the whole column without
having to click on each row and paste in the formula? it may be obvious but
i'm new to excel.
thanks