Peter Aitken

Default Question about financial calculation PMT

I want to verify that I am using the PMT function correctly. The situation
is someone who has a sum of money in the bank earning a certain return. They
want to withdraw a fixed amount each month so that at the end of 20 years
the account balance is zero. The figures a

Initial balance: 200,000
Annual return: 6%
Years: 20

I am using this:

=PMT(.06/12, 20*12, -200000)

Have I got this right? Thanks

--
Peter Aitken

Would this be the same formula then to determine the monthly payment
required to pay off a mortgage within a certain number of years? That
is, the morgage is 200,000, the interest rate is 6%, and the term is
20 years - and the required monthly payment is 1432.86.

How would the formula be changed to reflect the case where the
payments are made every 2 weeks, but the interest is still charged
monthly? Thanks.