Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem using average or sum formulas

I'm facing problem while using sum or average formulas in same worksheet
when I try use it for more than 30 different cells. It calculates only 30 and
if I try to add more it gives error.

Is there any solution for the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use multiple area ranges if the cells are not in contiguous ranges. Like
this:

=SUM((A1,D1,D12,D15,D27),(B103,B224,B313))

The SUM and AVERAGE functions can take up to 30 arguments (pre Excel 2007).
Each set of (...) is 1 argument. I'm not sure of the exact number of
references each argument can take but using this method you should be able
to do what you want.

Or, you could always do this:

=A1+D1+D12+D15+D27+B103+B224+B313

Of course, that doesn't really help for an average!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Miki" wrote in message

I'm facing problem while using sum or average formulas in same worksheet
when I try use it for more than 30 different cells. It calculates only 30
and
if I try to add more it gives error.

Is there any solution for the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try grouping some of the cells within brackets, something lie this

=SUM((A5,A7,A11,A4,A17),(C5,C11,C9),...

--
HTH

Bob