Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Which function?

Which function and what formula would I use to add the number of the same
date in the column. If the date July 22 appears in a column 10 times, what
formula would I use to go to that column and tell me how many times a certain
date appears in the column. For example: In column A I have all the
workdays of July in it. In column B, beside each of those days, starting in
B2, I would like a formula that would look at the date in A2 and then go to
A25:A1000 and tell me how many times that date is there. It seems it should
be simple enough but I don't find Excel very helpful in building formulas.
Thank you. Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, Mike! That works like a charm, and just like I said, it wasn't
too difficult. Thanks so much. Connie

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=COUNTIF($A$25:$A$1000,A2)

Mike

"Connie Martin" wrote:

Which function and what formula would I use to add the number of the same
date in the column. If the date July 22 appears in a column 10 times, what
formula would I use to go to that column and tell me how many times a certain
date appears in the column. For example: In column A I have all the
workdays of July in it. In column B, beside each of those days, starting in
B2, I would like a formula that would look at the date in A2 and then go to
A25:A1000 and tell me how many times that date is there. It seems it should
be simple enough but I don't find Excel very helpful in building formulas.
Thank you. Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not difficult at all Connie and thanks for the feedback

"Connie Martin" wrote:

Thank you, Mike! That works like a charm, and just like I said, it wasn't
too difficult. Thanks so much. Connie

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=COUNTIF($A$25:$A$1000,A2)