Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I create a formula to add to a cell value, up to a set maxi

Hi,

Am having problems creating a formula, although I'm sure its fairly straight
froward!

I need to create a formula in cell b1 that will check the value of cell a1
and if it is less then 10, I need it to add 1 to the value.

Can anyone advise?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(A1<10,A1+1,"whatever")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200798
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 6, 1:36 pm, JWmadrid
wrote:
Hi,

Am having problems creating a formula, although I'm sure its fairly straight
froward!

I need to create a formula in cell b1 that will check the value of cell a1
and if it is less then 10, I need it to add 1 to the value.

Can anyone advise?

The formula you need in B1 would look like this:-

=IF(A1<10,A1+1,A1)

This simple IF function will check if the value is less than ten and
will add one to it if it is. If not it will simply return the value
in A1.

Hope this helps,
Mat
http://teachr.blogspot.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JWmadrid wrote:
Hi,

Am having problems creating a formula, although I'm sure its fairly straight
froward!

I need to create a formula in cell b1 that will check the value of cell a1
and if it is less then 10, I need it to add 1 to the value.

Can anyone advise?

Or how about this?

=A1+(A1<10)