Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Moving / sharing Macros between workstations

Using Excel 2000 / Small Business Exchange Server / XP Pro

I created a simple macro in Excel 2000 and assigned the macro to a custom
menu item on the toolbar.

I believe I stored the macro in the personal workstation choice, but could
change that.

How do I share that macro with other workstations?

In Word I am accustomed to using Organizer for this purpose to copy my
current macros to a named module. Then copy that named module to my document
template on the server drive and copy and paste from said template to each
workstation Normal.dot individually.

The Excel worksheet I am working in resides on the server drive. The
worksheet/book is not shared and I do not want to do so.

Thank you for your help.
--
John R.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Store the macro in the workbook instead of in Personal.xls. Then make
a button in the workbook instead of in your toolbar. You can make
buttons either with a Text Box (allows for different colors/shapes) or
just choose Button from the Forms toolbar. Whichever you choose, pick
Assign Macro (similar to what you did for a toolbar button) and you'll
be all set.

You may (almost certainly) have to go around and get people to change
their Macro Security settings.