BJ

Default vlookup with two criteria

I want to look up data that has two criteria.

eg. store number Date
Value
262 Jan 8/2005
8
262 Jan 15/2005
4
262 Jan 22/2005
8
263 Jan 8/2005
7
263 Jan 15/2005
6

How do I get the "value" for store 262 for Jan 8th?and the "value for store
263 for Jan 8th?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks
bj

one way is to add a column duplicating the values
then vlookup(value,a2:b10,2,false) for the date from value
and vlookup(date,b2:c10,2,false) for the value from date