Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default putting help text in the animated bubble

I received an xls file that has customized help text showing up in an
animated help bubble when I move the cursor over the various columns. The
creator of the xls file is no longer around and I'm trying to figure out how
it's done.

Does anyone know how to create help text and have it appear in the animated
help bubble on a scroll over ?

Pete Derkowski

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by animated?

Under datavalidation you can put in a message that will show up when you
select the cell.

Peo Sjoblom

"Pete Derkowski" wrote in message
Correction: it's not a scroll over.. it's when you click any cell within
the column.

Pete

"Pete Derkowski" wrote in message
I received an xls file that has customized help text showing up in an
animated help bubble when I move the cursor over the various columns.
The creator of the xls file is no longer around and I'm trying to figure
out how it's done.

Does anyone know how to create help text and have it appear in the
animated help bubble on a scroll over ?

Pete Derkowski

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I played around a bit... it's the Office Assistant. The Office Assistant's
bubble is where the help text is displayed. If I hide the Assistant, the
help text then pops up in a little box whenever the cell on the col is
selected.

I'll check out the data ... validation thing - maybe that's it. :-)

Pete