Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel conditional sum

Hello all.
I have columns with 13 months of data (an opening balance and then from Jan
to Dec) and I have a column to the left relating to our KPI indicator. At the
bottom of the spreadsheet I want to total each column for each KPI indicator
number (1 to 22).
(I thought VLookup might work, but I'm obviously not doing it correctly) .
Can anyone shed some light as to how I might do this???

KPI Indicator Opening Balance Jan Feb
2 299,205 243,852 209,747
2 5,000 5,000 5,000
2 1,189 1,189 1,189
2 494 488 481
2 11,902 11,902 11,902
2 1,433 0 0
2 0 0 0
8 66,700 75,749 691,790
8 26,500 0 0
22 11,750 11 ,731 11,731
2 203,960 203,960 203,960
2 32,486 0 0
2 0 0 0
2 2,184 0 0
2 0 0 0
8 384,375 375,000 365,625

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your KPI indicator totals begin in row 50, and January data is in
column C, type the following in cells A50:A71 your KPI indicators of 1-22.
In cell C50, type the following formula:
=SUMIF($A$2:$A$45,$A50,C$2:C$45)
Edit--Fill--Down to copy the formula down to cell C71, then you can
highlight across to get from January to December.
This also assumes your upper table data is in rows 2 through 45. Modify
ranges as needed.
--
John C