Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Condensing a list with duplicates to a list with non-duplicates

Assume I have this list

FOOD QUANTITY

carrots 2
pears 1
apples 3
carrots 1
apples 2

How do I create another column that lists AUTOMATICALLY the distinct FOOD's
listed and their quantities... Like so:

FOOD Total Quantity

carrots 3
pears 1