Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Short Way to Calculate Salary Increases

We have a group of salaried employees who all get increases every 4/1/xx,
where xx is the year. Employees are scheduled to be on a project from Start
Date to an End Date. All the start / end dates are different depending on
their job function on the project. On average, we give 5.5% merit increases,
which depends on performance, potential, etc. I have a long draw out
spreadsheet that projects final salary cost based on the merit incrase
schedule. I am looking for an better mouse trap and was wondering if anyone
had a slick way of doing this. We want to project the escalation cost for
each employee. We have Start Date, End Date, Weekly Rate (all employees are
paid through a week ending date of Sunday.) Some employees are on the
project for several years, some only 7 month, but if it overlaps with a merit
increase cycle, they get a bump in pay.

My solution calculated the number of weeks the employees was on the project
in several columns so it looks like a barchart schedule. I would like to
have this all in one column for each merit period. 4/1/09, 4/1/10, 4/1/11,
etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Thanks - ***John***