Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007

I have a column of cells which are formatted as either General or
hh:mm.
What I want is - if A1 = Off & A2 is less than 06:00 then A1 is
highlighted in red text.
Haven't found anything that works yet.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Mike,
Now how do I apply that formula to a whole rang of cells within that
column.
Sorry if these are simple questions, but I didn't seem to get any
sense from the built in help!

Neill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I don't really understand what you are trying to do but if you want a
selection of cells to check A1 & A2 then do this. Select those cells then
apply this slightly modified conditional format

" wrote:

Thanks Mike,
Now how do I apply that formula to a whole rang of cells within that
column.
Sorry if these are simple questions, but I didn't seem to get any
sense from the built in help!

Neill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The columns will get very long and will contain either a time or
"Off".
If the cell below "Off" is after 06:00 there's no problem, If it's
before 06:00 then "Off" needs highlighting.
The first formula you gave works great (I've changed the cell
references to C1068 & C1069 to fit in with my table), but when I
select all the cells I want it to apply to, then either "edit rule" or
"new rule" & paste the formula in, it doesn't seem to work.
Thanks again
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As Bob says, you can select the whole range first and then apply Mike's
original formula adjusted for your cell refs, so......

If your range is C1068:C2000 select that whole range and use

=AND(C1068="Off",ISNUMBER(C1069),C1069<TIME(6,0,0) )