Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell Underline problem underlines across width of cell

Hi,
Need solution for cell underline problem. When I warp text in a cell and
then try to underline only the first word in that cell, it puts an underline
the width of that cell when I only wanted just the characters of the word
underline; it continues after the word to underline thereby underlining the
space after it. How can I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose you have the text "This is a test" in a narrow cell set to
word wrap so that you see :

This
is a
test

and you just want to underline the word This. Select that cell and in
the formula bar highlight just the word This by positioning the cursor
before the T, holding down the left mouse button and then dragging to
the end of the word. Then you can click the underline symbol and press
<enter, and you will see just that word underlined. You can only do
this manually (or with VBA).

Hope this helps.

Pete