Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with combining lists

I'm pretty new at this, but I'm having trouble with something. I have 2
lists that each have item numbers in them. I'm trying to take out all the
item numbers that appear in both lists so that what I'm left with is a few
numbers that are only in one list or the other. I can't figure out how to do
this because all the "remove duplicate" tools and formulas leave one of the 2
duplicates. I need to remove both of them. Does anyone have an idea of how
to do this?

The only way I can figure out is to paste both of the lists in one file, do
Conditional Formatting for the duplicates, and then pull out the ones that
don't have the special formatting. There has to be an easier way!

Thank you in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have cheater columns for both lists.
The cheater column will have a vlookup to the other list.
If the vlookup does not find the item, n/a will be returned.
sort on the cheater column and delete all that DON'T say n/a.
--
Hope this helps.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.