Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amh amh is offline

Default Use tab name in Vlook Up

I have a formula that looks up data in a sheet using Vlookup, every week the
formula changes as the week number changes.

The tab to look for data has a tab name of wk## and thus the forumla for
week 28 looks like this

=VLOOKUP(O2,wk28!A4:L3000,12,FALSE)

How can I substitue the wk28 tab number in the formual for a cell reference
that contains the text "wk28" ?

This will save me modifying forumlas on weekly basis.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With something like
=VLOOKUP(O2,INDIRECT("wk"&O1&"!A4:L3000"),12,FALSE )
where O1 hold the week number
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AMH" wrote in message
I have a formula that looks up data in a sheet using Vlookup, every week
the
formula changes as the week number changes.

The tab to look for data has a tab name of wk## and thus the forumla for
week 28 looks like this

=VLOOKUP(O2,wk28!A4:L3000,12,FALSE)

How can I substitue the wk28 tab number in the formual for a cell
reference
that contains the text "wk28" ?

This will save me modifying forumlas on weekly basis.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amh amh is offline

Hi Don,

I've used INDIRECT before to produce text strings, however I couldnt workout
from the help text how to use it within the formula I listed, I tried this

=VLOOKUP(O2,INDIRECT("O1")*A4:L3000,12,FALSE)

where O1 contains the tab name I want to refer to, but this didnt work

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have a look in the help index for
INDIRECT

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"AMH" wrote in message
I have a formula that looks up data in a sheet using Vlookup, every week
the
formula changes as the week number changes.

The tab to look for data has a tab name of wk## and thus the forumla for
week 28 looks like this

=VLOOKUP(O2,wk28!A4:L3000,12,FALSE)

How can I substitue the wk28 tab number in the formual for a cell
reference
that contains the text "wk28" ?

This will save me modifying forumlas on weekly basis.

Thanks

VLOOK-pivot table expanding want to update vlook automatically CrimsonPlague29 Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 8th 07 09:44 PM
vlook kiki Excel Worksheet Functions 4 January 22nd 07 02:38 PM
Need Help about vlook vlook fomula Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 20th 07 02:42 PM
#N/A with Vlook up Guy Wates Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 October 14th 05 02:02 PM