Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Letter Replace Help!!

Hi everyone

In Range("B2:B8000") I have number + "D" + number code in each cell.
i.e. 1.1D3, 2.3D4 etc.

I am just trying to replace the "D" to "E" by Ctrl + F - Replace but
when I do it, it makes it in to horrible numbers :(
i.e. 1.1E1 as 11, 1.1E2 as 110 so on.

How do I just change that "D" from the code?

Thank you for your help in advance

Regards

James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try

=LEFT(A1,FIND("D",A1)-1)&"E"&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("D",A1))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hI,

Insert a 'helper column and the formula
=SUBSTITUTE(B2,"D","E")
Drag down to the same length as column B
Copy the helper column
Then
Select B2
Then
Edit|Paste Special
Select 'Values'
Click OK
Delete the helper column

Mike

"James8309" wrote:

Hi everyone

In Range("B2:B8000") I have number + "D" + number code in each cell.
i.e. 1.1D3, 2.3D4 etc.

I am just trying to replace the "D" to "E" by Ctrl + F - Replace but
when I do it, it makes it in to horrible numbers :(
i.e. 1.1E1 as 11, 1.1E2 as 110 so on.

How do I just change that "D" from the code?

Thank you for your help in advance

Regards

James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"James8309" wrote:
Hi everyone

In Range("B2:B8000") I have number + "D" + number code in each cell.
i.e. 1.1D3, 2.3D4 etc.

I am just trying to replace the "D" to "E" by Ctrl + F - Replace but
when I do it, it makes it in to horrible numbers :(
i.e. 1.1E1 as 11, 1.1E2 as 110 so on.

How do I just change that "D" from the code?

Thank you for your help in advance

Regards

James- µû¿Â ÅؽºÆ® ¼û±± -

- µû¿Â ÅؽºÆ® º¸± -