Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel mobile help please

Unsure where to get help with Excel Mobile (5).

I am using my PDA and wish to enable/install the "randbetween" function. in
a spreadsheet.

Can someone direct me to a forum or newsgroup please?

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are no ATP functions in mobile Excel, in fact it's hadrly useful at
all
if you want to go beyond simple summations etc.

Peo Sjoblom

"Terry" wrote in message
Unsure where to get help with Excel Mobile (5).

I am using my PDA and wish to enable/install the "randbetween" function.
in a spreadsheet.

Can someone direct me to a forum or newsgroup please?

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you use RAND() function in conjunction with INT?

e.g. these are eqivalent

=RANDBETWEEN(1,10)

=INT(RAND()*10+1)

"Terry" wrote in message
Unsure where to get help with Excel Mobile (5).

I am using my PDA and wish to enable/install the "randbetween" function.
in a spreadsheet.

Can someone direct me to a forum or newsgroup please?

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yesssssss..that helps, thank you....good work.

Now allow me to explain why I need this function.
On coach trip I have bingo games whilst travelling, normally using small
bingo numbered discs, which roll about on coach, & difficult to stabilise.

What I have thought about is to use my PDA as above (1 to 90),
randomly.(much easier).
Really now I need to "recall/save/record" those random numbers for checking
back when house called if possible !!!!

Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Unsure where to get help with Excel Mobile (5).

I am using my PDA and wish to enable/install the "randbetween"
function.
in a spreadsheet.

Can someone direct me to a forum or newsgroup please?

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes I am able to use Rand with INT functions, but resulting numbers
duplicate randomly which I wish to avoid. Also is it possible to "retain"
these random numbers as I am using for a bingo game on a coach trip, so need
to cross check numbers gone.(1-90)

Appreciated

"Terry" wrote in message
Unsure where to get help with Excel Mobile (5).

I am using my PDA and wish to enable/install the "randbetween"
function.
in a spreadsheet.

Can someone direct me to a forum or newsgroup please?

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Then they won't be really random if they can't be repeated.you can do this
though
Put all the integers you want to include in your rand in column A like
A1:A100

1
2
3
and so on

then in B1 put

=RAND()

copy down as long as needed for example to B100,
select both columns and sort by B ascending.
select how many you need in column A from A1 on and copy them somewhere else
and that would be your "random" integers without repetition

Peo Sjoblom