-   -   Define fiscal year (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194997-define-fiscal-year.html)

TeeLt

Define fiscal year

how to define fiscal year when it is not the calender year (Jan-Dec).
Example I need the fiscal year to be Oct-Sept. When I preapre a pivot table,
I need the 1st quarter to be Oct-Dec in the group option

Marcelo

Define fiscal year

Hi,

Hope this help, try to format the date as Oct-08, Nov-08 etc...Sept-09

and the pivot table will works.

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"TeeLt" escreveu:

how to define fiscal year when it is not the calender year (Jan-Dec).
Example I need the fiscal year to be Oct-Sept. When I preapre a pivot table,
I need the 1st quarter to be Oct-Dec in the group option

Fred Smith[_4_]

Define fiscal year

I would add an extra column to the table where you calculate the fiscal
quarter (or fiscal month). Then summarize on that.

Regards,
Fred.

"TeeLt" wrote in message
how to define fiscal year when it is not the calender year (Jan-Dec).
Example I need the fiscal year to be Oct-Sept. When I preapre a pivot
table,
I need the 1st quarter to be Oct-Dec in the group option

Herbert Seidenberg

Define fiscal year

Pivot Table, Group, Fiscal Year, Fiscal Quarter
Here is an implementation of Fred's idea:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1671029