Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Referencing Table Data

In Excell 2007, I have a Table defined as "Scores" with Column's Named
"Name", "Front", "Back", and "TotalScore".

I want to do a VLOOKUP to find the total score for Mike. When I do this:

=VLOOKUP("Mike",Scores,4,FALSE) it will return Mike's total score for me.

But, if I do this:

=VLOOKUP("Mike",Scores,Scores[TotalScore],FASLE) it will give me a #REF!
error.

How can I use VLOOKUP along with the Column names to do a lookup? It is
possible, that as I make changes to the sheet, the columns may move around,
and I don't want to hard code anything.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yeah, but that is again making me hard code things. I was looking to use the
naming convention that is already present in tables, that way when things
move around (columns, or even the whole table), things won't break.

Steve