Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

Default Workdays/Networkdays #Name? Error

I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
with workdays and networkdays function.

Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then even
when they unfilter it does not go back.

I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Help on Networkdays, you will find that the Analysis Toolpak needs to be
installed for it to work.

Install this addon, and your #Name?s will disappear.

Regards,
Fred.

"K" wrote in message
I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
with workdays and networkdays function.

Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
even
when they unfilter it does not go back.

I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK. What's the formula which is giving the #Name? error?

Regards,
Fred.

"K" wrote in message
It's already installed.

"K" wrote in message
I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if
statements
with workdays and networkdays function.

Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine
until
they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and
then
even
when they unfilter it does not go back.

I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

The following:
=IF(OR($E15="",$Q15=""),"",IF(NETWORKDAYS($Q15,$E1 5,Holidays)<=2,"Met","Missed"))

=IF(AND($E15<"",$C15<"",$A15<"R"),IF(LEFT($C15, 2)="CM",WORKDAY($E15,9,Holidays),WORKDAY($E15,4,Ho lidays)),"")

=IF(OR($E15="",$K15="",$L15=""),"",IF(AND(LEFT($C1 5,2)<"CM",LEFT($C15,2)="RA",NETWORKDAYS($E15,$L15 ,Holidays)<=5),"Met",IF(AND(LEFT($C15,2)="CM",NETW ORKDAYS($E15,$L15,Holidays)<=10),"Met","Missed")))

Please keep in mind these formulas are working fine on everybody elses
computers!

"Fred Smith" wrote:

OK. What's the formula which is giving the #Name? error?

Regards,
Fred.

"K" wrote in message
It's already installed.

"K" wrote in message
I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if
statements
with workdays and networkdays function.

Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine
until
they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and
then
even
when they unfilter it does not go back.

I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?

If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
back on. Maybe that would help.

K wrote:

It's already installed.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

LOL I tried that. I think there is something wrong with her excel. I'm
thinking at this point to call IT support and have them reinstall it or
rollback to a version that worked. It used to work fine and all of a sudden
this issue came up.

I love excel, but dang if it's not crabby!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?

If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
back on. Maybe that would help.

K wrote:

It's already installed.

"K" wrote in message
I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
with workdays and networkdays function.

Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
even
when they unfilter it does not go back.

I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And if you try a simple =networkday() formula in a brand new workbook on that
other pc, does it work?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?

If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
back on. Maybe that would help.

K wrote:

It's already installed.

"K" wrote in message
I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
with workdays and networkdays function.

Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
even
when they unfilter it does not go back.

I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The #NAME error might also be caused by the "Holidays" name.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
| And if you try a simple =networkday() formula in a brand new workbook on that
| other pc, does it work?
|

| K wrote:
|
| LOL I tried that. I think there is something wrong with her excel. I'm
| thinking at this point to call IT support and have them reinstall it or
| rollback to a version that worked. It used to work fine and all of a sudden
| this issue came up.
|
| I love excel, but dang if it's not crabby!!
|
| "Dave Peterson" wrote:
|
| Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?
|
| If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
| back on. Maybe that would help.
|
| K wrote:
|
| It's already installed.
|
| "Fred Smith" wrote:
|
| In Help on Networkdays, you will find that the Analysis Toolpak needs to be
| installed for it to work.
|
| Install this addon, and your #Name?s will disappear.
|
| Regards,
| Fred.
|
| "K" wrote in message
| I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
| with workdays and networkdays function.
|
| Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
| recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
| they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
| even
| when they unfilter it does not go back.
|
| I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.
|

| --
|
| Dave Peterson
|

| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

"Holidays" is a defined range in my workbook.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

The #NAME error might also be caused by the "Holidays" name.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
| And if you try a simple =networkday() formula in a brand new workbook on that
| other pc, does it work?
|

| K wrote:
|
| LOL I tried that. I think there is something wrong with her excel. I'm
| thinking at this point to call IT support and have them reinstall it or
| rollback to a version that worked. It used to work fine and all of a sudden
| this issue came up.
|
| I love excel, but dang if it's not crabby!!
|
| "Dave Peterson" wrote:
|
| Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?
|
| If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
| back on. Maybe that would help.
|
| K wrote:
|
| It's already installed.
|
| "Fred Smith" wrote:
|
| In Help on Networkdays, you will find that the Analysis Toolpak needs to be
| installed for it to work.
|
| Install this addon, and your #Name?s will disappear.
|
| Regards,
| Fred.
|
| "K" wrote in message
| I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
| with workdays and networkdays function.
|
| Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
| recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
| they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
| even
| when they unfilter it does not go back.
|
| I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.
|

| --
|
| Dave Peterson
|

| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I understand that. But the #NAME error can be caused either by the function name or by the range name. I don't see any other
possible cause.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"K" wrote in message ...
| "Holidays" is a defined range in my workbook.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The #NAME error might also be caused by the "Holidays" name.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
| | And if you try a simple =networkday() formula in a brand new workbook on that
| | other pc, does it work?
| |
| |
| |
| | K wrote:
| |
| | LOL I tried that. I think there is something wrong with her excel. I'm
| | thinking at this point to call IT support and have them reinstall it or
| | rollback to a version that worked. It used to work fine and all of a sudden
| | this issue came up.
| |
| | I love excel, but dang if it's not crabby!!
| |
| | "Dave Peterson" wrote:
| |
| | Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?
| |
| | If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
| | back on. Maybe that would help.
| |
| | K wrote:
| |
| | It's already installed.
| |
| | "Fred Smith" wrote:
| |
| | In Help on Networkdays, you will find that the Analysis Toolpak needs to be
| | installed for it to work.
| |
| | Install this addon, and your #Name?s will disappear.
| |
| | Regards,
| | Fred.
| |
| | "K" wrote in message
| | I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
| | with workdays and networkdays function.
| |
| | Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
| | recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
| | they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
| | even
| | when they unfilter it does not go back.
| |
| | I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| | Dave Peterson
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| | Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does any of the other PCs have a different language version of Excel? ATP functions are not translated automatically, like the
built-in functions do.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"K" wrote in message ...
| "Holidays" is a defined range in my workbook.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The #NAME error might also be caused by the "Holidays" name.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
| | And if you try a simple =networkday() formula in a brand new workbook on that
| | other pc, does it work?
| |
| |
| |
| | K wrote:
| |
| | LOL I tried that. I think there is something wrong with her excel. I'm
| | thinking at this point to call IT support and have them reinstall it or
| | rollback to a version that worked. It used to work fine and all of a sudden
| | this issue came up.
| |
| | I love excel, but dang if it's not crabby!!
| |
| | "Dave Peterson" wrote:
| |
| | Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?
| |
| | If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
| | back on. Maybe that would help.
| |
| | K wrote:
| |
| | It's already installed.
| |
| | "Fred Smith" wrote:
| |
| | In Help on Networkdays, you will find that the Analysis Toolpak needs to be
| | installed for it to work.
| |
| | Install this addon, and your #Name?s will disappear.
| |
| | Regards,
| | Fred.
| |
| | "K" wrote in message
| | I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
| | with workdays and networkdays function.
| |
| | Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
| | recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
| | they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
| | even
| | when they unfilter it does not go back.
| |
| | I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| | Dave Peterson
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| | Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or has the faulty PC only Analysis Toolpak-VBA checked, not both references to Analysis Toolpak?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"K" wrote in message ...
| "Holidays" is a defined range in my workbook.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The #NAME error might also be caused by the "Holidays" name.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
| | And if you try a simple =networkday() formula in a brand new workbook on that
| | other pc, does it work?
| |
| |
| |
| | K wrote:
| |
| | LOL I tried that. I think there is something wrong with her excel. I'm
| | thinking at this point to call IT support and have them reinstall it or
| | rollback to a version that worked. It used to work fine and all of a sudden
| | this issue came up.
| |
| | I love excel, but dang if it's not crabby!!
| |
| | "Dave Peterson" wrote:
| |
| | Is that analysis toolpak installed on your pc or the pc with the trouble?
| |
| | If it's already installed on the troublesome pc, then turn it off and turn it
| | back on. Maybe that would help.
| |
| | K wrote:
| |
| | It's already installed.
| |
| | "Fred Smith" wrote:
| |
| | In Help on Networkdays, you will find that the Analysis Toolpak needs to be
| | installed for it to work.
| |
| | Install this addon, and your #Name?s will disappear.
| |
| | Regards,
| | Fred.
| |
| | "K" wrote in message
| | I have a question. I have a couple of columns using nested if statements
| | with workdays and networkdays function.
| |
| | Everything works fine on my computer, but when one of my team member
| | recently opened it on their comp, the columns were calculating fine until
| | they autofiltered a column upon which they got the #Name? error and then
| | even
| | when they unfilter it does not go back.
| |
| | I had every one on my team install the add ins for the toolpack etc.
| |
| |
| |
| |