Pester

Default Look up of data in a different Sheet

I am trying to write a formula where I do a lookup of anything ("same cell ie
D10) in every sheet. I want to have the NAME of the 50 sheets in column B,
from B2 to B51. And in column C, create a formula for each respective cell
where I look for the value of D10 from that sheet where I do the lookup. So
create one formula in C2, and drag down to C51.

So if in Cell B3 I have the name January, and in B4 February.....in cell C3,
create formula that looks the name of the sheet written in cell B3, and then
goes a looks for the value of ie cell D10 into the sheet called January. And
in the Cell C4 the formula looks for the value of cell D10 in the sheet name
from cel B4, so goes to February. etc etc

N Harkawat

With all 50 sheet names on column B
type the following on cell C3

=INDIRECT("'"&B3&"'!d10")

and copy it down column C

You will need a VBA to get all sheet names in your courrent workbook on
column B

"Pester" wrote in message
[...]

Bernard Liengme

Try =INDIRECT(B2&"!D10")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Pester" wrote in message
[...]

Max

Try INDIRECT

Put the cell ref in C1: D10

With B2:B51 containing the sheetnames,

Put in C2: =INDIRECT("'"&$B2&"'!"&C$1)

Copy C2 down to C51

If you want to extend the set up to cover other cell refs besides "D10" in
C1, simply input the desired cell refs in D1, E1, F1 etc, select C2:C51 and
fill across to F51, etc

--
Rgds
Max
"Pester" wrote in message
[...]

Pester

Max, Thanks for the help. Now, what if I want to look for information in a
Sheet or tab that is in a different Excel file, with a different path. Now,
all the 50 sheet names will be in the other excell file. Do I need to put the
path whole path from drive/folder etc in the cells? I try that and get a
reference error

"Pester" wrote in message
[...]

Pester

Bernard,

All the 50 sheet names will be in the other excell file. Do I need to put
the path whole path from drive/folder etc in the cells? I try that and get a
reference error

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Try =INDIRECT(B2&"!D10")
best wishes