Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zee Zee is offline

Default Excel Calculation

Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to create a forumula for
calculating TAXABLE SALE AMOUNT.

I will know 2 things.
1. That the sales tax rate is 6.5%
2. The SALES TAX AMOUNT.

For instance if the SALES TAX AMOUNT is $13.00 and the Sales Tax Rate is
6.5% the "caluclated TAXABLE SALE AMOUNT " would be $200.00.

I hope this is a acceptable question for this forum. Hopefully one of you
math geninus can help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sales tax amount divided by sales tax rate:

=13/0.065

Result = 200

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Zee" wrote in message
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to create a forumula for
calculating TAXABLE SALE AMOUNT.

I will know 2 things.
1. That the sales tax rate is 6.5%
2. The SALES TAX AMOUNT.

For instance if the SALES TAX AMOUNT is $13.00 and the Sales Tax Rate is
6.5% the "caluclated TAXABLE SALE AMOUNT " would be $200.00.

I hope this is a acceptable question for this forum. Hopefully one of you
math geninus can help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zee Zee is offline

Biff,
Perfect! Thanks for you help and quick response. It is very much
appreciated.
Zee

"Zee" wrote in message
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to create a forumula for
calculating TAXABLE SALE AMOUNT.

I will know 2 things.
1. That the sales tax rate is 6.5%
2. The SALES TAX AMOUNT.

For instance if the SALES TAX AMOUNT is $13.00 and the Sales Tax Rate is
6.5% the "caluclated TAXABLE SALE AMOUNT " would be $200.00.

I hope this is a acceptable question for this forum. Hopefully one of you
math geninus can help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hmmm...

I don't see the OP's reply to my post but I see it quoted in Pete's reply!

Anyhow...to the OP...

You're welcome!

To Pete...

What are kids being taught these days ??

I guess it depends on who the teachers are!

Math was not one of my favorite subjects!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP