Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif w/semicolon separated values

I have aggregated data in columns that were imported from web forms and are
separated by semicolons. The questions was select your preferred day of week
with a select all that apply option. Any time someone chose more than one
day, it aggregates the response together in the same cell (ie choosing Monday
and Thursday returned a response of "Monday; Thursday" in B1...etc.)

I want to be able to count each instance of Monday regardless of what other
days per response.

Monday - Total
Tuesday - Total
Wednesday - Total
Thursday - Total
Friday - Total.

Below is a sample of data. Please help me! Thanks you.

Wednesday
Monday; Tuesday; Wednesday; Thursday
Tuesday; Thursday; Friday
Tuesday; Wednesday; Thursday