Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default the value should not be more than 0.8

i have a date in colum a like this
1.8
3.8
0.0
3.5
1.1
0.8
5.6
4.8
4.5
0.0
0.0
i want to write a formual in column B, if the value is greater than 0.8 then
the value should be less than 0.8, in this manner. at any point it should not
go above 0.8
0.8
0.6
0
0.7
0.6
0.8
0.8
0.5
0.4
0
0
can anyone help me in this, i would be very grateful, thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

1.8 0.8
3.8 0.6

I can understand why 1.8 becomes 0.8 but why does 3.8 get converted to 0.6?

Mike

"srpavar" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What is the logic in 1.8 becoming 0.8, 3.8 becoming 0.6, 3.5 becoming 0.7
etc?

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"srpavar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

oops
min(cell, .80) should produce the results

these symbels are because this mail is replied/forwarded?

"srpavar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another approach might be to use this:

=MOD(A1,0.8)

and copy down, but this does not always produce the numbers in your
example:

1.8 0.2
3.8 0.6
0.0 0.0