Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NTK NTK is offline

Default Lookup where column data does not match

Hi,

I have a problem where for example;

Sheet1 column A1 contains data
12345678
23456765

Sheet2 column A1 contains data
Joe Bloggs12345678
Jane Bloggs23456765

An so on and so on
Can someone help me with a formul to look one set of data against the other
and put the result on sheet1

A1 B1
12345678 Joe Bloggs12345678
23456765 Jane Bloggs23456765

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDEX(Sheet2!A1:A100,MATCH("*"&A1,Sheet2!A1:A100, 0))

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can only use the whole column in xl2007.

--

Dave Peterson