Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do u sort many items out a spread sheet in excel

I get an excel spread sheet hundreds of thousands of accouts on it. I have
a few thousand of the accouts myself i have to look at. I need a function or
a table where i can put my accts numbers and can pull out the importation
out i need. Any help on this would be a huge and i would greatly appericate.
please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So you want to use the account numbers on your sheet to reference the same
account numbers on the larger sheet and pull information for only those
numbers into your sheet?

Tough to come up with an exact formula without a more specific exampel of
what your sheets look like but you would probably use the VLOOKUP function,
it has the ability to search for the account # in the larger sheet that will
match your account # and then return information from the larger sheet.