Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nested if/then or array???

I've been using the vlookup function to reference a cell value (Sofa,
Loveseat, Chair, etc), find it in an existing list/chart and return the
standard value in a given column. Ex: =vlookup(r3, Lookups!A4:Z27,19,False)
Works great.

I've run into trouble however when in certain places I FIRST need to know
which of three OTHER cells have been selected. (Ex: Fabric, Leather, Lthr
Combo) The one selected will change which column I need to reference in the
vlookup. In other words this becomes instead of just "Sofa" - now it's a
"Fabric, Sofa" or "Leather, Sofa" or "Lthr Combo, Sofa".

In my formula cell I need to first know which cell was selected of the three
above and then reference the cell that is hooked up to the vlookup
list/chart. If fabric is selected I will need to look at column 13 not 19,
leather 14 not 19, etc.....

I can't seem to nest the if/thens correctly - or am needing to take a
different approach altogether. If you can be of any assistance your help
would be much appreciated. Or if I can try and provide you further detail.

Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob your brilliant!!! Can't thank you enough!!!! Have a great day!

Karin

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=vlookup(r3, Lookups!A4:Z27,IF(fabric,13,IF(leather,14,19)),Fal se)

--
HTH

Bob

"Karin B" <Karin wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Karin B" wrote in message
Bob your brilliant!!! Can't thank you enough!!!! Have a great day!

I will now <bg