Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Compiling to one sheet

ok...so the attachment didn't go through. lest see if I can explain in words.

the sheets all have the same headers:
A1 - Property ID
A2 - Construction year
A3 - Mechanical Renovation Date
A4 - Electrical Renovation Date
A5 - Plumbing Renovation Date

The "Import" sheet starting on Row "B" I need to be able to combine the data from "Data1" and "Data2".

Data1:
A B C D E F
Property ID Construction Date Mechanical Electrical Plumbing
3 14266 1980 1999
4 14267 1620 1990 1990 1990

Data2 is vertually identical but the dates are different:
A B C D E F
Property ID Construction Date Mechanical Electrical Plumbing
3 14266 1978 1999 1998 1997

I need to be able to combine these property ID's while keeping the most recent years in the C:F columns.

Any idea how to do this?? is it a Macro button? is it a sheet filled with formulas??

Thanks for the help.
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

does anyone have any help to offer??

"Ahern79" wrote:

ok...so the attachment didn't go through. lest see if I can explain in
words.

the sheets all have the same headers:
A1 - Property ID
B1 - Construction year
C1 - Mechanical Renovation Date
D1 - Electrical Renovation Date
E1 - Plumbing Renovation Date

The "Import" sheet starting on Row "2" I need to be able to combine the
data from "Data1" and "Data2".

Data1:
A B C D
Property ID Construction Date Mechanical Electrical
Plumbing
3 14266 1980 1999
4 14267 1620 1990
1990 1990

Data2 is vertually identical but the dates are different:
A B C D
Property ID Construction Date Mechanical Electrical
Plumbing
3 14266 1978 1999
1998 1997

I need to be able to combine these property ID's while keeping the most
recent years in the B:E columns.

Any idea how to do this?? is it a Macro button? is it a sheet filled with
formulas??

Thanks for the help.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

this may allow you to do what you want to do:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm

Regards,
Ryan---
--