SimonW

Default ISEVEN

Hi
I can not get the ISEVEN function to work on a particular machine with XP
Home Edition and Works 10. I've installed Excell 2000 SP3 on the machine but
the ISEVEN function returns #NAME. Visual Basic, Tools, References looks OK
with the 9.0 Object Library.

It works fine on my production machine XP Pro Office 2000 SP3.

Consequently, I can't get my spreadsheet to work on the destination machine.
Any ideas anyone? Please help!. TIA, Simon
Harald Staff

Hi

ISEVEN is part of the Analysis Toolpack, it has to be installed with Tools
Addin menu.

It is however overkill if all you need is that little thing.
=MOD(A1,2)<0.001
will do the job.

Se Frank Kabel's article on ATP at
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...-addin-part-1/

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"SimonW" skrev i melding
Hi
I can not get the ISEVEN function to work on a particular machine with XP
Home Edition and Works 10. I've installed Excell 2000 SP3 on the machine

but
the ISEVEN function returns #NAME. Visual Basic, Tools, References looks

OK
with the 9.0 Object Library.

It works fine on my production machine XP Pro Office 2000 SP3.

Consequently, I can't get my spreadsheet to work on the destination

machine.
Any ideas anyone? Please help!. TIA, Simon

Carlos Antenna

From Excel Help:
If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

--Carlos

"SimonW" wrote in message
Hi
I can not get the ISEVEN function to work on a particular machine with XP
Home Edition and Works 10. I've installed Excell 2000 SP3 on the machine
but
the ISEVEN function returns #NAME. Visual Basic, Tools, References looks
OK
with the 9.0 Object Library.

It works fine on my production machine XP Pro Office 2000 SP3.

Consequently, I can't get my spreadsheet to work on the destination
machine.
Any ideas anyone? Please help!. TIA, Simon

Carlos Antenna

Before using this function be sure to read and understand how it works. It
was a revelation to me that ISEVEN(2.5) will return TRUE because it looks
only to the left of the decimal point. In Harald's formula you can adjust
the discrimination by using different values in place of .001.

I also looked at the EVEN function and discovered that it rounds UP to the
nearest even number. Then the examples show that EVEN(-1) is rounded "up"
to -2. I thought that -2 was less than -1. At least it was when I went to
school, but that was a long time ago, maybe it has changed since then. :)

-- Carlos

"SimonW" wrote in message
Hi
I can not get the ISEVEN function to work on a particular machine with XP
Home Edition and Works 10. I've installed Excell 2000 SP3 on the machine
but
the ISEVEN function returns #NAME. Visual Basic, Tools, References looks
OK
with the 9.0 Object Library.

It works fine on my production machine XP Pro Office 2000 SP3.

Consequently, I can't get my spreadsheet to work on the destination
machine.
Any ideas anyone? Please help!. TIA, Simon

SimonW

Thanks to you both, Harald & Carlos.

The advice in the link Harald is useful, but shouldn't impact on my
application. The IsEven is a tad more elegant than =MOD(TRUNC(Number),2)=0

So I'll stick with it. I remember having to instal ATP for Solver some
years ago. So when I started using IsEven recently I was unaware it came from
there.

Best Wishes, Simon