Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sort function

Hello,
I am not very literate w/computer applications. I have entered data into a
worksheet provided by my employer. I need to sort by date and the function is
not applying. I have a blank template for the worksheet, if I enter just a
few dates and hit sort - it works - so I thought I would cut/paste the data
from the worksheet where the sort function is not working. However, following
the transfer of data onto the blank template the sort function no longer
worked there either. I would really appreciate some input in layman's terms
to help me meet my deadline.
--
gratefully, csjaa5
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by the sort function not applying? Does it change the
order, but not in the way you expect? Perhaps your dates have been
entered as text values rather than as Excel dates, and so April and
August will sort before January.

You should select all your data, including headings, and then click on
Data | Sort - this brings up a dialogue box which gives you more
control over how the sort is carried out.

Hope this helps.

Pete