Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup return a ROW of data

Two sheets of data, same layout, different numbers, if I do a vlookup, how do
I get it to return the whole row of data, about a dozen columns? TIA!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Something like this, with the appropriate cell refs fixed, and using an
incrementer [ eg he COLUMNS($A:A) ] for the col index param for easy
propagation as you copy across:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$Z,COLUMNS($A:A)+1, 0)),IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet2!$A:$Z,COLUMNS($A:A) +1,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$Z,COLUMNS($A:A)+1 ,0)),VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$Z,COLUMNS($A:A)+1,0))
--
Max
Singapore
"thecdnmole" wrote:
Two sheets of data, same layout, different numbers, if I do a vlookup, how do
I get it to return the whole row of data, about a dozen columns? TIA!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might create a column on each sheet with all other data concatenated and
then compare those two columns

"thecdnmole" wrote in message
Two sheets of data, same layout, different numbers, if I do a vlookup, how
do
I get it to return the whole row of data, about a dozen columns? TIA!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tieske wrote:
You might create a column on each sheet with all other data concatenated
and then compare those two columns

"thecdnmole" wrote in message

Two sheets of data, same layout, different numbers, if I do a vlookup,
how do
I get it to return the whole row of data, about a dozen columns? TIA!

Here's one way:

=VLOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_table,{2,3,4,5,6,7,8, 9,10,11,12})

array entered

Alan Beban