Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JPS JPS is offline

Default Formula to change cell color

I have a large staffing spreadsheet with about 1,000 rows that contain either
a persons name or a staffing number. For each person/position, I have their
forecasted start and end date. To the right is a column for each month
through 2013 and I have a 1 in each month that the person/position is
expected on the project because I need to know all of the people that will be
present in a given month for cost and planning purposes.

If someone was due to start on June 2008 and their start date is changed to
July 2008, I would like the cell reference in the June 2008 column for this
person to change color to green so at a glance I can see whose start date
changed. If the person was due in March 2009, and is changed to April, I
would still like the March 2009 column to be in green.

When the start date is changed, I need help with a formula to change the
cell reference in the month column to green. Is this possible?

--
JPS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you identify the column designations for the start and end dates and the
months (first list month through to 2013)? Also, what row is the monthly
headers in? And finally, what is in the monthly headers... Real dates
formatted to look like the displayed month? The displayed month's names
hard-coded as text? The displayed month's number? Something else?

Rick

"JPS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JPS JPS is offline

Don,
I do not see an option to attach a spreadsheet to the note. Should I send
direct to your email address?
--
JPS

"JPS" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I sent him solutions using conditional formatting or a worksheet_change
event

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Yes, send to me at the address below. You should NOT try to attach
anything to these ngs.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel