Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
doc doc is offline

Default MIN will not find lowest of calculated values How?

I have a column of calculated values and MIN will not select the lowest
value. MAX will select the highest value. Is there another way to select
the lowest value since MIN will not work. I am using 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not enough info!

I have a column of calculated values

Calculated how?

Tell us what formula you tried that doesn't work. What result did you get
with that formula?

I can assure you that MIN will work.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Doc" wrote in message
I have a column of calculated values and MIN will not select the lowest
value. MAX will select the highest value. Is there another way to select
the lowest value since MIN will not work. I am using 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
doc doc is offline

I am using a calculation of two other cells such as =c2+d2

I am search MIN in column U so =MIN(U5:U15)

It provides no answer.

If I try MAX instead of MIN, MAX works.

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I had a very difficult time
navigating to this message. The links in the email notification did not work.

Not enough info!

"Doc" wrote in message
I have a column of calculated values and MIN will not select the lowest
value. MAX will select the highest value. Is there another way to select
the lowest value since MIN will not work. I am using 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am search MIN in column U so =MIN(U5:U15)
It provides no answer.

Do you mean the cell appears to be blank?

Maybe the result is 0 and you have turned off 0 display, or do you maybe
have some conditional formatting applied to that cell?

I've never seen a formula not return a result. It may not be the result you
expect but they always return something.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Doc" wrote in message
I am using a calculation of two other cells such as =c2+d2

I am search MIN in column U so =MIN(U5:U15)

It provides no answer.

If I try MAX instead of MIN, MAX works.

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I had a very difficult time
navigating to this message. The links in the email notification did not
work.

Not enough info!

"Doc" wrote in message
I have a column of calculated values and MIN will not select the lowest
value. MAX will select the highest value. Is there another way to
select
the lowest value since MIN will not work. I am using 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
doc doc is offline

You are right, there are 0 values in the (u5:U15) group.

What formula can I use to only pick up the lowest value of values 0?

"Doc" wrote in message
I am using a calculation of two other cells such as =c2+d2

I am search MIN in column U so =MIN(U5:U15)

It provides no answer.

If I try MAX instead of MIN, MAX works.

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I had a very difficult time
navigating to this message. The links in the email notification did not
work.

Not enough info!

"Doc" wrote in message
I have a column of calculated values and MIN will not select the lowest
value. MAX will select the highest value. Is there another way to
select
the lowest value since MIN will not work. I am using 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

pick up the lowest value of values 0?

Try this:

=SMALL(U5:U15,COUNTIF(U5:U15,0)+1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Doc" wrote in message
I am using a calculation of two other cells such as =c2+d2

I am search MIN in column U so =MIN(U5:U15)

It provides no answer.

If I try MAX instead of MIN, MAX works.

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I had a very difficult time
navigating to this message. The links in the email notification did
not
work.

Not enough info!