Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 - Remove Name Range via Name Manager

An xls file was provided to me with name ranges and I need to do some
additional work with it and seem to be having a problem. I have saved it off
to xlsx and am tryin to "merge" two ranges they provided, but need to check
each row.

What I want to do is remove the range name. When I go to Formulas - Name
Manager, I see the two ranges. When I select one, the New... and Edit...
buttons are available, but Delete is grayed out.

What steps do I have to take to be able to remove as name range and still
have the data there to work further with it?
--
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Peter -

Perhaps this article is relevant:

A defined name is not deleted when you break a link in Excel 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924458

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel