Eric G

Default Excel 2003, time scheduling?

Hello!

XPP SP2, Office Professional 2003.

I don't really do development in Excel, but use Excel as most non-pros, for simple spreadsheet, but I though it would be nice to put together, I guess, a rather simple scheduling system for myself.

I'm a teacher that sells teaching time to individual persons. Each customer that buys tuition, pays for a certain number of hours that I would like to keep track of. Each customer also gets a unique order number for each number of hours they purchase.

My teaching hours are 08:00 - 17:00 as displayed in column A below, and the order number is in column B. At the end of the day I would like to:

- By checking a separate table (where I keep a list of all my customers, together with their order number and hours purchased), I would like to find out which ones of my customers were taught today (tomorrow, the following day, etc), i.e what order numbers did I teach today, and
- How many hours did I teach each customer/order number, thereby being able to calculate the outstanding hours remaining to be taught.

My sample customers, in teh example below, has purchased the following number of hours:

Customer no 1111 100 hrs

2222 50 hrs

3333 25 hrs

This is what my sample day looks like:

Time Order no
08:00 1111
09:00 1111
10:00 1111
11:00 2222
12:00
13:00 2222
14:00 3333
15:00 3333
16:00 3333
17:00 3333

Today's result should look somthing like:

Customer no 1111 3 hrs 97 hrs remaining

2222 2 hrs 48 hrs remaining

3333 4 hrs 21 hrs remaining

How do I achieve this?

I would be most grateful for any assistance.

Best regards,

Eric G

Stockholm, Sweden

Biff

Hi!

This should be relatively easy to accomplish, however, it
all would depend on your layout.

Post back with more specific details.

Biff