shrn

Default Can I see a list of the worksheets within a workbook without scro.

I would like to see a vertical list of the names of the worksheets within a
workbook rather than having to scroll across the bottom looking at each tab
as it comes into view, is this possible. Excel 2003
Duke Carey

Right click on the VCR type controls just to the left of the tabs themselves.
That will pop up a list of sheet names, up to 6 or 7 names long. If there
are more than 6 or 7 sheets, you'll see a 'More' option that puts all the
sheet names in scrollable list box.

Hope that helps

"shrn" wrote:

I would like to see a vertical list of the names of the worksheets within a
workbook rather than having to scroll across the bottom looking at each tab
as it comes into view, is this possible. Excel 2003

JulieD

Hi

See David McRitchie's site for a TOC macro with selectable sheet names

alternatively, right mouse click on the sheet selection buttons (bottom left
of screen) and you can choose the worksheet you want to go to from there.

Cheers
JulieD

"shrn" wrote in message
I would like to see a vertical list of the names of the worksheets within a
workbook rather than having to scroll across the bottom looking at each
tab
as it comes into view, is this possible. Excel 2003

Gord Dibben

shrn

In addition to the other answers you received.........

Use Bob Phillips BrowseSheets macro(posted below)which displays a form with
option buttons to select a sheet. I personally like this one.

Sub BrowseSheets()
Const nPerColumn As Long = 38 'number of items per column
Const nWidth As Long = 13 'width of each letter
Const nHeight As Long = 18 'height of each row
Const sID As String = "___SheetGoto" 'name of dialog sheet
Const kCaption As String = " Select sheet to goto"
'dialog caption

Dim i As Long
Dim TopPos As Long
Dim iBooks As Long
Dim cCols As Long
Dim cLetters As Long
Dim cMaxLetters As Long
Dim cLeft As Long
Dim thisDlg As DialogSheet
Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet
Dim cb As OptionButton

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStructure Then
MsgBox "Workbook is protected.", vbCritical
Exit Sub
End If

On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets(sID).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
On Error GoTo 0
Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet
Set thisDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add

With thisDlg

.Name = sID
.Visible = xlSheetHidden

'sets variables for positioning on dialog
iBooks = 0
cCols = 0
cMaxLetters = 0
cLeft = 78
TopPos = 40

For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count

If i Mod nPerColumn = 1 Then
cCols = cCols + 1
TopPos = 40
cLeft = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth)
cMaxLetters = 0
End If

Set CurrentSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i)
cLetters = Len(CurrentSheet.Name)
If cLetters cMaxLetters Then
cMaxLetters = cLetters
End If

iBooks = iBooks + 1
.OptionButtons.Add cLeft, TopPos, cLetters * nWidth, 16.5
.OptionButtons(iBooks).text = _
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(iBooks).Name
TopPos = TopPos + 13

Next i

.Buttons.Left = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth) + 24

CurrentSheet.Activate

With .DialogFrame
.Height = Application.Max(68, _
Application.Min(iBooks, nPerColumn) * nHeight + 10)
.Width = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth) + 24
.Caption = kCaption
End With

.Buttons("Button 2").BringToFront
.Buttons("Button 3").BringToFront

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
If .Show Then
For Each cb In thisDlg.OptionButtons
If cb.Value = xlOn Then
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(cb.Caption).Select
Exit For
End If
Next cb
Else