Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding a date and name to auto update within one cell

Hello,
How can I add a date and name to update in a cell? Currently I have =NOW()
within the same cell I want to add a name (probably from a list).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will probably want to format the date before joining it to a name,
and if you only want a date then you can use TODAY rather than NOW
(which gives you a time as well). So, try this:

=TEXT(TODAY(),"dd/mm/yy")&"your_name"

where "your_name" can be a cell reference, or a formula which returns
a name from a list.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 25, 9:34*pm, Cathie G
wrote:
Hello,
How can I add a date and name to update in a cell? Currently I have =NOW()
within the same cell I want to add a name (probably from a list).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for the answer. This sort of solves my problem. I have two columns
M7 and N7. M7 is Revised Date and N7 is Revised by. What I need is once
these are updated I need the name and date to fall into B1

wrote:
Hello,
How can I add a date and name to update in a cell? Currently I have =NOW()
within the same cell I want to add a name (probably from a list).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, put this formula in B1:

=IF(OR(M7="",N7=""),"",TEXT(M7,"dd/mm/yy")&N7)

This will show a blank in B1 if either of the other two cells are
empty - both have to contain data for the result to show.

Hope this helps.

Pete

wrote:
Hello,
How can I add a date and name to update in a cell? Currently I have =NOW()
within the same cell I want to add a name (probably from a list).- Hide quoted text -