Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I VLookup visible cells only?

I am trying to do a VLookup from one worksheet to another. When I Filter the
source worksheet and use the Vlookup function it reads both the filtered and
non-filtered cells. Instead of returning only the visible cells, it returns
values associated with both visible and hidden cells. How do I tell it to
give me only the Filtered values?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Not sure that's possible. I'd keep it cleaner by dynamically extracting the
filtered results into a new sheet, then point the vlookup to read that sheet.
If you're interested in that route, there's a simple, fast non-array play
illustrated in this recent sample (my response to another poster) which might
appeal to you:

http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3ijm5
Filter over lines by key col in another sht.xls
--
Max
Singapore
"DC777" wrote:
I am trying to do a VLookup from one worksheet to another. When I Filter the
source worksheet and use the Vlookup function it reads both the filtered and
non-filtered cells. Instead of returning only the visible cells, it returns
values associated with both visible and hidden cells. How do I tell it to
give me only the Filtered values?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you post some sample and tell us what you're wanting to lookup and what
result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP