Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting Text to Dates

Some of our company systems output dates in the format yyyymmdd but in a
"general" format eg 20080625 for the 25th June 2008. How can I convert this
to a date so I can use the day(), month(), year() functions?

At the moment I am using left(), mid(), right() to break up the text string
but there must be an easier way

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) and format the cell as Date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200793