Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Assistance please

Hi,

I have two tables A and B.

Table A
Code Jun
ABC 34
XYZ 50

Table B
Code Jun Jul Aug Sep
ABC 34 20 10 15
XYZ 50 38 90 60

What I want to do is pull data from Table B and have it populate
automatically in Table A based on the Code and for the concerned month. Eg.
If the month in the column header in Table A reads as Jun the corresponding
data for codes ABC and XYZ should pick-up from the Jun column in Table B. As
the month in the column header changes in Table A to Jul, Aug, etc, the data
for ABC and XYZ should pick-up from the corresponding month column in Table B.

I've been going crazy trying to find a solution to this and hope that some
of you Excel whizzes can help me out.

Thanks a lot in advance for your assistance.

Regards/Gauri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think a two-way lookup will solve your issue. Ordinary vlookup function
performs a one-way lookup. By combination of Index and Match functions you
can perform a two-way lookup. For details look at:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip020.htm

Hope this helps.

"Gauri" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If TableB is in I1:M3 say a,d Tabl;e A in columns A:..., then use

=INDEX($J$2:$M$3,MATCH($A2,$I$2:$I$3,0),MATCH(C$1, $J$1:$M$1,0))

just adjust the ranges to your positions.

--
HTH

Bob