Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Multiple columns using single criteria

I need a formula that will allow me to count the non blank cells in a
separate worksheet that match the criteria in the work sheet that I'm
summarizing on. For instance if I need to locate the number of employes in
dept "1" that have been scored on a test thats included in a separate work
sheet in the same file. the data sheet includes the dept in one column and
the score results in a separate column on the same sheet. the fomula should
return the amount of employees in a particular dept(ciiteria) on the sheet
and then how many of them have been scored..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you post some sample data and tell us what result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP