Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need more help with a formula

I have figured out
the formula to get the sum from 31 sheets on to a summary
sheet at the end of the Excel book; EX: =SUM(1:31!J3:J8). However, I now need
to know how to do it with an exception. Ex: I need =SUM(1:31!P3:P8) BUT ONLY
IF THE FIGURES IN P3:P8 ARE POSITIVE.
Then I need, for another cell, =SUM(1:31!P3:P8) BUT ONLY IF FIGURES IN P3:P8
ARE NEGATIVE.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

positive:
=SUM(IF(1:31!P3:P80,1:31!P3:P8,))

negative:
=SUM(IF(1:31!P3:P8<0,1:31!P3:P8,))

these are array formulas that need tobe entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
instead of simple ENTER

HIH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, one thing you are doing wrong is sending rather unhelpful replies (in
this group and on a similar thread in another group) like "did not work".
If you want someone to help you, you'll need to supply more detail. What
formula were you using, what data values went into that formula, what result
did the formula give you, and what did you expect?
--
David Biddulph