Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel formula help please

I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs (sheets) for productivity.
On sheet 1 has individual data entered on productivity for each item and
Cell C2 contains the number 271.
On sheet 5 Cell T3 contains the number 250.
I want sheet 5 Cell T4 to calculate the difference between sheet 1, Cell C2
and Sheet 5 Cell T3. If this total < 271 I want it to hightlight yellow with
bold red italized difference. (ex -21 would show up in sheet 5 cell T4 in
bold italized red font with a yellow background). (I know how to do this
part)

I also want Sheet 5 Cell T6 to do the same thing using Sheet 5 Cell T5
subtracted from Sheet 1 Cell C2.

Is there a way to copy the formula but make it use Sheet 1 Cell C2 as a
constant in the formula? I have about 500 rows that need productivity
numbers subtracted from the same cell on a different sheet.

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use sheet 1, Cell C2 as a Named range!
Select sheet 1, Cell C2, click on cell name field (left to the formula bar,
displaying now C2) and enter a name, say "constC2". You can use this name in
formulae in other cells instead of sheet 1, Cell C2 reference.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Diogie€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛Diogie€¯ ezt Ć*rta: