-   -   Value divided by time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192125-value-divided-time.html)

Rob

Value divided by time

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that contains time in one column and a value in another
eg. time is 00:00:24 and value is .07

I want to find out how much I'm charged per minute and dividing the value by
time isn't looking correct. I guess I need to convert time to a number but
can't figure out.

Thanks, Rob

Mike H

Value divided by time

Rob,

What does ' a value' represent. 0.07 of what?

Mike

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that contains time in one column and a value in another
eg. time is 00:00:24 and value is .07

I want to find out how much I'm charged per minute and dividing the value by
time isn't looking correct. I guess I need to convert time to a number but
can't figure out.

Thanks, Rob

Bob Phillips

Value divided by time

=value/(time*24*60)

--
HTH

Bob

"Rob" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet that contains time in one column and a value in
another eg. time is 00:00:24 and value is .07

I want to find out how much I'm charged per minute and dividing the value
by time isn't looking correct. I guess I need to convert time to a number
but can't figure out.

Thanks, Rob

Rob

Value divided by time