Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pastelink

is there a formula that will allow me to pastelink data that has been edited?

I have, for example concatenated data from 3 rows:
wersdf12 - a
ugdsdvr32 - b
kusdfg87- a
olinsdfg52 - a
jknsdg25 - b

I want to remove - a or - b and have the data still reflect any changes that
may be made where these strings originate.
I'm able to pastelink all the data except the data without the - a or - b

-a - b are removed by copying data onto another worksheet and using find and
replace all "- a" then same for "- b" then original data is placed in column
next to it and then next column is an extraction of the "a" or "b" to fit
into its own column to keep tabs on what the data without the - a and - b was.

Any help is much appreciated~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

so, i used:
-LEFT(cell,FIND(cell,"-")-1)
that took out the - a, and - b, but the data without - a, and - b turns into
#Value.
Is there an if statement that would copy original cell over if there was no -
a or - b?