Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to calculate 4 possible answers in one cell

Hi

The following 2 columns can both contain either a "Y" for Yes or an "N" for
No so there are 4 possible outcomes for each row. I require a formula for
cell C1 which can return 1 of the 4 possible outcomes depending on the Y N
combination

i.e. if
Column A= Column B= then Column C =
Y Y "LBCC16A0" (text)
Y N "LDLL16A0" (text)
N Y a figure in cell D1
N N "Enter WLAD Ref" (text)

I've tried an IF function and seem to be close but it only seems to go so
far. Would really appreciate some assistance :-)

--
Many thanks

Adrian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks very much Don - it worked a treat :-)))) You've just made my life a
whole lot easier!!!
--
Many thanks

Adrian

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Probably should be more detail to account for blanks, etc but this should
do
=IF(a2="Y",IF(b2="Y","lb","ld"),IF(b2="N","wl",$D$ 1))
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel