Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum of cells based on entry of adjacent cell

I'm trying to have a summ of cells within a column, where the adjacent cell
has a specific alpha value.

800.64 R
7049.75 N
3345.6
-168
-33291 NR
481.25
-52.95
-162.12
-13.65
210
-2674.95 NI
-1
30
-54.54
4202.45 A
0
0
15.75
-381.75
702.75 E
-0.09
-413.85
-4034.1 T
-258.66

Above is what the two column look like. Off to the side, I would like to
summ all with E or all with T in separate cells for comparisons to take
place.

Does anybodyt know how to do this????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try these: