Tim

Default Excel 2002 autofill and offset

missing something easy i'm sure but i need help with this. in col I40 i need
to sum H72:H73. in col I41, i need to sum H74:H75 but autofill increments by
1 giving H73:H74. I have tried everything I can find about offset, etc but i
am missing something. Using Excel 2002. Help?
Biff

Hi!

Try this in cell I40 and then copy down as needed:

=SUM(OFFSET(H$72,(ROW()-40)*2,,2))

I40 = sum of H72,H73
I41 = sum of H74,H75
I42 = sum of H76,H77