Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP =)

I have created a workbook to track sales, GM etc for each of our salesman in
each region. Each workbook contains a combined sales page and then 10
additional pages (one for each salesman). Ont he combined sheet I was able to
set up formulas to pull the dollar info from each cell on each page by using
the = sign and then clicking on each tab and then the cell. It worked great
to pull a grand total. I for the life of me cannot do the same for the GM
percentages. I need to get an average of these percentages from each page to
go on the combined sales page. Can anyone help? I have tried doing the same
formula as the dollar amount one but using average with failure.
Thanks so much!
--
jennifer s

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm *really* hoping that you can pull in the GM$ amount from each page, then
recalculate the overall GM% as total GM$ / total revenue. If you just
average the GM%s, you'll overweight the small deals:
Ex, suppose there are only two sales. The first is for $1000 the second for
$2000. Each generates $100 in margin, which is 10% on the first sale and 5%
on the second. The overall margin is $200 on revenue of $3000 or 6.67%. But
if you just average the margin percents, you'll get 7.5%.

"lumbergirl" wrote:

I have created a workbook to track sales, GM etc for each of our salesman in
each region. Each workbook contains a combined sales page and then 10
additional pages (one for each salesman). Ont he combined sheet I was able to
set up formulas to pull the dollar info from each cell on each page by using
the = sign and then clicking on each tab and then the cell. It worked great
to pull a grand total. I for the life of me cannot do the same for the GM
percentages. I need to get an average of these percentages from each page to
go on the combined sales page. Can anyone help? I have tried doing the same
formula as the dollar amount one but using average with failure.
Thanks so much!
--
jennifer s

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 19 Iun, 16:19, lumbergirl
wrote:

If you agree and want , you can send your workbook
in .xls format (I have excel 2003) , with another explications
, in steps , to e-mail ; today
I have time to work (or , in some days , maybe we resolve this
wbook .)

Best regards